March 19th. I turn. 23. Years. old. Ok, first of all, let's change the "old" to "young." That is a true statement and I'm sticking to it. 23 years young. Getting married this year and slowly becoming an adult, (in some aspects...in others, I'm still comparable to a 14 year old, more on that later), I realize how much of the world I have yet to see and how many experiences I have yet to live. My feet still have a lot of earth to cover, if you know what I mean. Especially before...dun dun dun...kids! I might just have to strap them on my back like they do in Africa, and keep galavanting along. In honor of marriage, new adventures, and the likes, I have decided to venture on a "bucket" list of sorts each year to accomplish before my next year of ME a.k.a. my birthday...hmmmm...what to call it since I'm not literally "kicking the bucket." I guess the "Cake" list: fits within the theme of things and ironically, it shouldn't be a "piece of cake" to accomplish. Oh I am full of clichés. This year my Cake List leaves me only about 120 days or so, (correct me if I'm wrong in my calculations: math is not my gifting, a fact I am reminded of daily while living with my engineer-genuius hubby, and pretty much daily living in general), meaning, I need to get on it! Here goes.
In no particular order:
1. Surprisingly simple DIY tote project found here
Go to this concert in January
3. Read one new book a month: Maybe start with this one?
4. Support a child through World Vision or Compassion International or both...too many little faces to love
Finish decorating/furnishing apartment
6. Conquer all things post-wedding related: wedding pictures, thank you cards, etc.
7. Trip to Seattle
8. Make sushi
9. Write letters to closest friends and family
10. Have a spa day
Cook a turkey
Watch "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" (just because).
13. Begin learning a new language
14. Go wine tasting
16. One day of using candlelight only: a small experiment after watching "No Impact Man"
17. Build a successful fire in our fireplace: successful meaning it is indeed a fire and doesn't smoke us out or burn down our apartment. minor details.
18. Cook a Rwandese meal: cabbage over rice with chips, beans, and a tiny bite of goat meat. amazing.
Decide on a church/get involved
20. Have a fondue party
21. Read more about politics
22. Figure out some more life
OK. so that last one is a bit general and a work in progress but everything else is seemingly doable in the next few months.
Piece of Cake! right? right? Right! Positive thoughts!
What's on your "Cake List?"