Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tuning in


My taste in music is eclectic. to say the least. It is a mixture of this and that and here and there. Although mainstream is fun, preferably on the radio or busting a move on the dance floor I rarely will download anything from Ryan Seacrest's Top 100 or whatever he is hosting these days. For anything lasting, I usually have to investigate for myself. New Artists on the Rise/Rolling Stones/SXSW/.
Growing up listening to Deep Purple, Phil Collins, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, U2, (all thanks to my Dad)and The Cranberries, Dave Matthews Band, Wilco, dare I say it...Tupac and old school Missy Elliot, (thanks to my brother), I have turned into a music snob of sorts. And for awhile thought I was a gangster...well, it actually was my whole highschool volleyball team, senior year. You know who you are!
AND junior high did provide a lot of love for NSYNC and Britney Spears. I think I survived that period of my life though, somewhat unscathed. phew.

The mass- marketed-fizzy- bubblegum- pop- electronic-auto-tuned stuff just doesn't cut it for me.

I like music that makes me feel. Makes me think. Memorable. oh. and is chock full of true talent.

Here's a little sneak peek into my Ipod if you want

Mindy Gledhill

{"Anchor" Music Video}

She has adorable music and plays the keytar. That's pretty much all I need.

Enjoy!



xoxo

{Bon Bon}



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...