Thursday, March 14, 2013

Face Serum: DIY





During my time in NYC, {and thanks to my friend J.J's stash of luxury beauty products}, I discovered the added beneficial bonus of [this] face serum. 
Especially, since I'm a cheapskate {genius} who packed a week's worth of shtuff into a carryon and that week's worth of shtuff did not involve any of those pesky liquid 3.4oz-ers. 

Not that I own any of those bottles of liquid gold or anything to begin with.

I'm truly a simple girl at heart.*  
Soap, water, and toothpaste.
I can go even simpler. 
No.Running.Water.Hole.In.The.Ground.Toothpaste.Is.Too.Expensive.
Use.A.Twig.Instead** 

But, I'd be lying if I said that seven days full of Shiseido, Chloé, Chanel, and Estée Lauder all over my body didn't make me happy and glowing and want to jump into the nearest taxi and say,  "Giddy-up, Charles. Once around the park!" 
In a British accent.


{Although, the Chanel facial cleanser mainly made me mad as I slathered my face because it reminded me of how I'd much rather be slathering one of their handbags on my face instead} 

However, that serum was kind of fantastic. 
Until, I saw the price and realized the Bean would have to become an indentured servant to Mrs. Estee Lauder herself and spend the rest of his days working off my night repair serum debt while living in the factory as a product tester. He'd have fabulous skin...but, no. 

Out of my Sephora cart it went. 
And then out of my Amazon moment of weakness cart, it went, again.
and again.


All this to say: I made my own face serum. 
Stick it to the man!*** 
Americuh! 


...


My "Hubba Hubba" Skin Serum has Jojoba {carrier oil}, Lavender {essential oil}, and Vitamin E. 
Check [here] for more info and recipes!


xoxo

{Bon Bon} 





*Even though I have a Sephora Beauty Insider Card. 
**Shout out to four months in Rwanda.
***Literally. The man. {Leonard Lauder I'm talking to you}




11 comments:

Angela said...

Oh gosh... beauty products can really suck you in. I almost bought a really expensive face moisturizer from a very persuasive Clinique lady the other day. They'll getcha! :)

Mish Lovin' Life said...

G to the E to the N to the I to the U to the S.
(i hope i spelled that right)

Alex Byer said...

Wait. You're the best. I spend so many dollars on face serum because I'm addicted to how silky smooth it makes my skin. WOOP FO' SAVIN' DOLLAHS!

Stephanie said...

So what benefits have you noticed from the serum? My skin is super sensitive and I'm nervous about any changes to my routine, but I'm over the 30 mark and I feel like some age-prevention other than "slather on some spf" needs to start happening. I don't want to be a wrinkly leather-faced old lady by 45...

jeny said...

I actually have a budget friendly face serum post ready to post at the end of this week- BUT this is fantastic and I am going to try this out this weekend. I love homemade beauty secrets.

Marcela Barraza said...

This is so cool! I have never tried any home-made skin care, I might try this one! I use Enfuselle Time Repair from Shaklee, it's worth every single penny!!
xo,
Marcela
http://tucasablogonline.blogspot.com

Katie said...

As if you weren't amazing enough already. I love everything about this post! 1. It had me laughing out loud. 2. I used to have a VERY pricey skincare / haircare / makeup addiction. Like, Sephora boxes at my doorstep once a week. It was a problem. 3. I love natural / homemade beauty, especially when it's presented so awesomely, and not in a "Don't put chemicals on your face or you'll go to hell" way. :D

Caroline Davies said...

Awesome serum! Can't wait to try it!
I'm a new follower and can't wait to learn more about you! Would love for you to visit my blog!

xo
Caroline

lovecarolineblog.blogspot.com

Eatlovemerry said...

Ah thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

I've been really wanting to get into natural skin care. I have started mixing a bit of jojoba oil with my burt's bee's night cream. Thanks for the resource!

Marie said...

Wow I've never made my own serum before. Hee. I don't like buying expensive facial products no matter how good they claim to be, its too expensive sometimes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...