Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Cup Runneth Over


white chocolate mochas. caramel macchiatos. vanilla lattes. oh my.


My wallet currently has about four Starbucks gift cards crammed inside.
Varying in amounts from 9 dollars to 19 cents.

And because I'm a brainwashed American consumer under the spell of that green and white mermaid-siren,
I will end up using every single plastic penny.

eventually.

Last time we scurried to the 'bucks drive-thru,
we were touched by an angel driving a Ford Bronco.

If the words,
"they already paid for your drinks"
isn't heaven sent,
then I don't know what is.

Perhaps it was the sunshine
or
a random act of kindness
or
Daniel and I looked like we really needed a caffeine fix that morning...

I jokingly lamented that we should've ordered some breakfast sandwiches too.
and one of those cake pop things that I can never justify buying.

Seriously though,
the Ford Bronco Angel could've paid for an extra sugar packet
and my day would be made,

from a little sneak peek of good in the world.

amen

xoxo

{Bon Bon}



13 comments:

meme-and-he said...

dude...if you aren't going to use those cards send them on over. because I know someone that WILL! ;)

Miken said...

there is WAY too little of these nice things being done these days! this is a nice reminder to all of us to BE that person. and i'm with ya on the gift cards i have like 20 that just have a few cents on them... oopsie. someday we'll use them. someday.

miken
hogstain.blogspot.com

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

ohhh i'm with you there. i <3 starbuck coffee. sometimes i have to try and resist it! lol

it's so nice that someone paid for your drink already. don't you just wish you can say thanks to them ? :]

Kira said...

I've always wondered how that works. How do they actually pay for your drink before they know what you are going to buy? Do they just give Starbucks $10 and say "this should cover it"? I have heard of people doing that before and was just kind of confused by how they do it.

Michaela said...

I LOVE this!!! Makes me so happy. What a blessing! I always spend every last cent on gift cards, too!

Stephanie said...

That is such a sweet story. Oh those Ford Bronco angels.

If I had starbucks gift cards, I'd be there everyday. I can resist the call of that strange green and white siren.

Jan said...

Aaaah, I haven't had a Starbucks drink since the year started ;)

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com

Jaclyn said...

bon bon. you are the cutest! i love this blog. thank you so much for your advice. i totally love what you said and i hope we can come to an agreement like that. i will keep you posted!

Stephanie Griffioen said...

I work at Starbucks and this happens multiple days, every single day. It's so fun to watch it happen and be a part of it.

Anonymous said...

Cute picture. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I'd love it if you'd follow(:

-XO Abbigayle Rashae
-trueblueabbi.blogspot.com

*EXTRA* Would you like to win $65 of shop credit to my mom's store Treena Bean? Just follow this link to find out more!
*EXTRA* Would you like to win $65 of shop credit to my mom's store Treena Bean? Just follow this link to find out more!
http://honeybeeinthecity.blogspot.com/2012/04/featured-sponsor-treena-bean.html

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

that's amazing. i love pay-it-forward moments like that. xoxo

A Brew of Blessings said...

I'm a fellow Starbucks addict too! And I'm far from an angel but I've done that before...just because, well, I felt like "being a day maker". :) It's nice to think you're part of making the world a happier place I guess.

Contemplating Beauty said...

that's pretty darn.cool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...