1. I am half-Korean and half-German. In the summer I look Hawaiian. In Hawaii they thought I was local. In Africa they thought I was Spanish. It's a funny world.
2. I am 5'10." I usually wear flats. Sometimes I feel like being a pretend supermodel and I will strap on some heels. Then I tower above everyone and miss my normal life a little lower to the ground.
3. I did model. Back in the day. I was scouted at the mall by Mode Models, when I was 14, pigging out in the Candy Factory. Life is funny.
4. My favorite color is, and will always be, green. I remember picking it one day in the 1st grade, just to be different from all the girls choosing pink and purple. I've been loyal ever since.
5. I broke my pinkie in the 3rd grade while playing leap frog. I'm hardcore like that.
6. My best friend Emily and I have a complete book full of our inside jokes. The Mr. Thomnas and Luigi Jokebook. Our husbands were speechless when we introduced it to them.
7. Daniel and I met on a social outing that our fraternity/sorority houses had planned. Star-gazing trip. He drove. We talked. He sang a Josh Groban song in Spanish. The rest is history.
8. If you wake me up from a nap, I will be grumpy. This happens almost every Sunday afternoon during football season. Daniel gets a kick out of it.
9. My hair is naturally wavy and super thick. I once donated to locks of love, and I'm pretty sure 3 different people could have full heads of hair because of me! Thankfully, I won an amazingly expensive flat iron at a salon party, and my hair has finally been tamed.
10. I have been cooking since I was eleven years old. The first thing I ever made were egg and cheese breakfast burritos, recipe via my dad.
11. I am, and will always be, a daddy's girl. We have a special handshake and he calls me "sweetpea" and "his favorite little girl in the whole wide world."
12. A few years ago, I didn't wear any makeup for 3 months. It was glorious. One of the best true beauty lessons I've ever learned.
13. I am a Christian. Love God and love people. Far from perfect. Broken and been restored. I believe I live a life for something that transcends comprehension, overrules time, and forfeits never.
14. Someday I want to be somewhere in the world working with kids that are hurting and desperate for love. I got a taste of that when I lived in Rwanda.
15. A homeless man once told me, "Tyra Banks ain't got nothin' on you girl!"
16. In high school, my driver's ed. partner asked which pedal was for the gas and which was for the brake on the 1st night. Those nights were long. The freeway night especially. She didn't pass.
17. In college I played on a co-ed intramural volleyball team. We called ourselves "Notorious D.I.G."
18. Daniel and I call each other, "Peep." For 4 years now. Neither one of us can remember where it came from!
19. I put Cheetos in my PB&J and I dip my grilled cheese in ketchup. People say that's strange?
20. My earliest memory in life: When I was barely 3. I saw part of "The Little Mermaid" playing on the tv screen at Target while my mom was shopping. I couldn't sleep that night, afraid Ursula was going to steal my voice. So, the whole family bundled up and went to Costco in search for a Little Mermaid nightlight. I've had an over-active imagination ever since.
Well, there you have it. A tiny peek into who I am. Life is funny. I'm learning to live it fully and intentionally. There is magic even in the mundane.
Hope your Wednesday is lovely and lively!
P.S. Hi new friends! Can't wait to get to know you better.